CENTCOM Commander Reportedly Urges Strikes on Iranian Energy Sites

Israeli broadcaster Channel 13 reported that Adm. Brad Cooper proposed attacks on Iran’s national infrastructure to significantly change the situation on the ground during meetings in Israel. The CENTCOM commander suggested that joint US-Israeli strikes could become necessary if fighting resumes according to the account relayed by Arab Times. The recommendation was presented to US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Dan Caine before reaching President Donald Trump the broadcaster said and the US has offered no immediate comment on the claims.

Cooper delivered the assessment while attending a meeting of the Israeli military’s senior operational forum alongside Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir and other commanders Channel 13 stated. The visit occurred as Washington pursued intensified diplomatic efforts to head off renewed conflict with Iran over issues including security guarantees and freedom of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz. Arab Times noted that the reported proposal arrives against a backdrop of fragile regional stability following earlier rounds of direct exchanges between US and Iranian forces.

US and Iranian forces traded strikes from July 8 to 24 after a ceasefire began to unravel Al Jazeera reported on July 13. American operations targeted sites inside Iran while Tehran hit what it described as US military facilities and equipment in Jordan Bahrain and Kuwait according to the same account. The Guardian reported that the exchanges were triggered in part by Iranian actions against commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz prompting US retaliation that included infrastructure hits.

A Pakistan-brokered ceasefire had taken hold on April 8 2026 and the two sides signed a June 17 agreement to start negotiations toward a final deal the UK House of Commons Library briefing from July detailed. That framework collapsed amid disagreements that prevented progress on core issues a Wikipedia entry on the 2026 Iran war ceasefire summarized. CENTCOM data cited in multiple congressional hearings indicated that prior US actions had already degraded Iranian capabilities by decades according to a May 19 New York Post report.

Separately CENTCOM announced on Aug. 14 the creation of its first multinational attack-drone task force with several Middle Eastern partner countries the command said in a statement. The initiative seeks to bolster coordinated operations across the region against common threats. Adm. Cooper has testified that Iranian-backed groups conducted more than 350 attacks on US forces over a 30-month period a YouTube transcript of a recent Senate hearing showed.

The Israeli report did not include documentary evidence or specific target lists beyond the categories of oil gas and electricity facilities. Cooper’s previous engagements in Israel included a January meeting with Lt. Gen. Zamir focused on military buildup amid Iran tensions the Times of Israel reported. Such proposals reflect ongoing US assessments of Iran’s capacity to threaten navigation and regional partners following the July clashes.

Комментарии

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *